Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Gear Up!!

We went kayaking!!!  I have never done this before and I have to say I was super nervous. The kids were really excited and couldn't wait. Oh to be a kid again and be fearless. We had to listen to all the safety instructions and get all geared up before we actually went on the water. That alone was about 45 min. Once we got out on the water and "figured" it out.....WOW super fun!!!  I think if I lived closer to the water I would pick this up as a new hobby. It was really windy that day so we didn't stay out long. WE had a few in our group that just couldn't get the hang of it and kept drifting a lot.
All in all it was really fun.... I told hubby we need to go back and try this as a family.

Here are some pics!







YOGA? On surf boards? I would fall in! LOL

1 comment:

  1. My much younger neighbours next door both have single kayaks and go kayaking most weekends during the summer. They go to streams and lakes up north. It gets them away from the city and it's lots of fun.

    ReplyDelete