Wednesday, May 4, 2011

How does your garden grow?

Today Between the Almond trees I would like to share with you the process thus far of my garden for this year! I am so excited that it is time to get our summer garden going. Last year we planted a few things and some veggies grew and others well.... LOL  I did have an awsome tomatoe plant last year that produced the best tasting tomatoes I have had since I was a kid. My Grammy ( RIP ) use to have a garden every year and us kids would always gobble up her fresh tomatoes right out of the garden. MMMmmmm......  Add a little salt and let the flavor explosion happen. Now, I never thought of it that way when I was a kid. It was all I knew. But, NOW, now that I have had store bought for most of my adult life and then to taste that sweet sensation, INSTANTLY took me back to my Grammys kitchen. I would give anything to be back there once more just to relive that moment knowing what I know now.
Anyway~ 

We started some of our seedling indoors, well in the garage. I had a perfect window I could set them next to, they got just a couple of hours of sun but all the warmth of the day.



With a little love , sunshine and some water we had our little seedlings sprouting in no time. Yes, i did buy some starter plants at Lowes! I'm not that good!!  hahaha! 
We left them there for a couple of weeks while we prepared the plot.


I decided to try some hoop houses this year. Well, I quickly found out that it gets a bit warm in there for my little plants and I took off the plastic. I am going to put it back on in the fall and try gardening through out the winter. Since it doesn't get to cold here and it rarely frost I should do ok. But...... we will see how that goes. LOL   I have some research to do on that. Thank goodness I have a couple of months for that.







My really good friend came over and we planted all the veggies in the garden! Whooo we were in the garden for 10 hours!!!  Yikes!  We got them all snuggled in their new homes and can't wait to enjoy some garden fresh veggies in a couple months!!!  YUMMY!  

1 comment:

  1. Wow! That is some serious business! :-) You will have to share pics of the crops... :-D

    ReplyDelete